How long will it take for me to speak English/German/Italian/Spanish?

The answer to this question depends on your current level and the time you can invest in the learning process.

You can find out what your current level is subsequent to a placement test that we can provide for you or, for English, you can sit an on-line placement test (link on the right side of the screen).

Generally, in order to communicate in fairly easy situations, you must be level A2 (according to the Common European Framework). In order for you to handle more complex social and professional situations, you need a B1 or a B2.

International House provides counselling in the field of language learning. In accordance to your current level, we can estimate the number of hours of study that you need in order to achieve your objective.